Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Painting has begun!

Thanks to Eddie for getting the painting started. Check out the pics of sealer/primer..


 Everything Laid out and prime/sealed...



Oops! a crack appeared.

















Hopefully this will fix it.


Out of necessity and geography these photos and Paint work are all done my Eddie W, a fantastic painter who has done a lot of vader masks.

I chose NOT to paint this mask myself because after 8 months of work i didnt want to use it as my canvas to 'LEARN' to paint well. I am confident I could learn but i would not want to practice on something i am so attached to. Also Eddie has a real shop where moisture and temperature issues are going to be regulated far better than in my garage!

Its getting cold out and the temp and moisture are an issue for paint spray.

3 comments:

  1. I kinda like the white vader actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best mod I've ever seen! Can't wait to see it all glossy and polished. I'll be starting modifications on my helmet, it will not be as accurate as yours, just some minor fixings.

    ReplyDelete